Good oral hygiene is one of the most essential things you can do for your over-all health. Healthy teeth enable you to chew, speak and enjoy the quality of life you want. Visiting your dentist at least twice a year will help decrease your risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
Untreated dental disease can spread the bacteria that causes cavities to other parts of your mouth. Treating your disease in a timely fashion will help reduce your risk of more decay.
Prevention starts with you:
- Brush twice a day and floss daily.
- Eat a well balanced diet.
- Limit sugary snacks in between meals.
- Use a toothpaste which contains fluoride.
- Replace your toothbrush 3-4 times per year.